Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Long Time, Much to Say!

To my 8 followers, I say a big "SORRY!" for not having updated my blog in 4 months! Yikes. My bad.

Rather than summarize all the wonderful things that have happened in the past 4 months, I'll just pick up where I am today.

I have so much to be thankful for. I have been praying that God would continue to work in my heart and make me more like Him. He has carried that through and done some amazing things. He has humbled me in conviction and confession with a wonderfully graceful accountability partner. He brought me to a place where I could step out of guilt and shame over a long-held sin and into the freedom for which He redeemed me! It was a painful, humiliating, but wonderful process. I praise Him for not being finished with me yet!

In this spiritually and emotionally raw time, He continues to work in other areas to draw me to my knees before Him. He has put a trial in my life, but He has also filled me with an incredible peace. And in a time of prayer this evening He brought me to 2 Peter 1:1-11. I pray you are blessed as I share that with you:

"To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received
a faith as precious as ours: (that's me!)
Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God
and of Jesus our Lord. (it's mine!)
His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. 
For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins (that was me last week). 
Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, (NEVER!) and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." 

That is chock-full of amazing truths to cling to, and I just praise the Lord for bringing Truth. For being Truth.

Speaking of Truth, I am also thankful for some specific people this week. My mother and two good friends, after I shared with them my issues of late, pointed me straight to Truth. What a blessing!

Also, as I look back on my walk of faith, I am grateful for the ministries of two women. Beth Moore (Living Proof Ministries and Lifeway Publishing) and Nancy Leigh DeMoss (Revive Our Hearts) have been instrumental in bringing my heart closer to the Lord. Check out their Bible studies, devotionals, books, and pod casts!

Praise the Lord for His goodness and faithfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment