Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Jehova Jireh

My Provider!

The last few months, God has been teaching me ever-so-subtly that He is enough. When I was in a relationship, He reminded me that regardless of the presence of a man in my life, He alone is enough. This was easy enough for me to say (of course God is enough--He's God!), but not until I actually began to put it into practice did I realize how hard it is to believe it. But, as usual, God has proven Himself faithful.

In the last few weeks, I have made conscious effort to be satisfied in God and in His plan for my life. He has surprised me at every turn with glimpses of Himself in my everyday life. I turned on the radio and heard songs like Laura Story's Blessings:

Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

I went out to Gull Lake Ministries to volunteer for Ladies Days, and He gave the speaker (Angela Thomas) some words meant specifically for my heart about surrendering my hope to Him. He also surrounded me with some of the sweetest, funniest ladies I've ever met. Throughout the week, I could literally feel Him pouring into me, filling me with His sweet presence.

His peace truly is beyond human understanding. I wouldn't want it any other way!

I leave you with song lyrics which paraphrase some of Psalm 119
"Lord I come into the light and listen as your Word shines it rays of Truth. Let your law be my desire, your might my soul inspire, swift to hear and do."

Be blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Friend, I loved reading about how good the Lord has been to you. I can't wait to hear more about all of this! Love love love you :D

    ReplyDelete