Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2015

I lied.

Perhaps I was a little too eager. Life quickly got very busy and my life over the internet became very low on the priorities. Still is. But today I find myself trapped in my son's room while he tries to nap and thought I would pop over to my good ol' blog and see what was happening. (BTW, I have a son! Like I said, life quickly got busy!) 

There have been an overwhelming number of life changes that have happened since my feet landed back on US soil in June 2013. Through it all, good and hard (is change ever easy? No. Especially not when it all happens in such quick succession you don't even remember what 'normal' feels like), the Lord has taught me some very valuable lessons.

I thought I was close to God. I assumed I was in good standing with Him, that we had pretty much worked out my big faults way back when. And then I got married. And then I had a child. And then Ugly Me decided to come out and play. I had no idea how selfish, manipulative, and arrogant I was  am. 

In His mercy and wisdom, God gave me a son who doesn't sleep (remember, I'm currently trapped in his room...). I do not understand humans who don't sleep. I would sleep 9-10 hours every night if life allowed. And nap on Sundays. This has not been possible for the last 12 months. It is both amazing and annoying how God is using this situation to break me of some selfishness and to spend more time with me. When you are laying on the floor wide awake at 4am, there is nothing to do but pray. Or cry. Or both.

So this is my life now. And I love it.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh Catie, this brings back such sweet memories of my life when I became a mom too. And yes, I said sweet. :) I remember the sleepless nights, the "Ugly Me" and the selfish arrogance...its still a struggle today. But with each child, and each prayer to your Savior for help, a little bit of that selfishness and arrogance wanes and you grow closer and closer to Him and more and more humbled by His grace. Children are such a blessing. I'm quite certain they have taught me more lessons than I have taught them. This is my life now, and I too, love it. :) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete