Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Praise and Relief (a bit)

So, one praise for the day is that I didn't get hurt when a car side-swiped me on my scooter. It was turning right and didn't bother to slow down or check for smaller vehicles in the way. I was a bit at fault...I saw its blinkers and didn't move (because I assumed the driver would check...silly me!). But nothing was damaged and no one was hurt. Phew! It's my goal to be more cautious from now on (I am admittedly a kinda-reckless scooter driver...but only when I'm riding solo!)

Had another snafu with my flight. United changed my flights (hmm...similar story to last year!), but the problem this time is that it interfered with my Chicago-Kalamazoo flight via American Eagle. With the changed times, I was left with only 30 minutes to claim my bags, change terminals, check-in, and board. Not happening. After a bit of research on orbitz.com, I was nervous my ticket was non-refundable. After praying about it, I called their customer service and she gave me a 100% refund on my ticket. I was shocked and so happy, I thanked her about a hundred times. After the call, I was in tears of relief. And then a minute later I hear from my computer, "um...Miss Walker?" HA! I had forgotten to hang up the skype call and she had heard my sniffles and sighs of relief! Hahaha. Whoops!

Still don't have it all figured out as to how I'm getting from Chicago to Kalamazoo on Christmas Eve, but I'm trusting it will all work out. It has this far!! I just love watching how God takes care of me. Even if things had not gone this well, I know something good would have come of it. That's the kind of God I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment