Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Inspiration without direction

I just watched the movie "Julie & Julia" with some wonderful friends, and I find myself feeling rather motivated to be a better blogger. Julie was a faithful blogger, blogging daily about the recipes she was cooking from Julia Child's book. I want to be a more faithful blogger. I have 15 readers (almost double what I had 2 months ago!), and I would love to have a blog which interests more to become followers. I certainly have plenty to say.

But what will my topic be? So far, it's just been whatever sits on my brain long enough or happens to be in my mind when I sit down to write. There's no direction. There's no goal. There's no purpose. I just write whatever is the current whim, and hope someone reads it. I rejoice if someone comments! I jump for joy (internally) when I see I have a new follower!

So here I am. Filled with inspiration and desire, but lacking the direction.

You'll just have to keep coming back to see where I go next.

3 comments:

  1. Although I'm not a very faithful blogger myself, I love to read others. Keep posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I support this! I'm motivated in my head to blog more- it just never gets any further.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched Julie & Julia two days ago! It's one of my new favorite "feel good" movies (it's up there with You've Got Mail!). Anyway, I like your blog. Just saying. :D

    ReplyDelete