Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

A little scattered...

There are many things which have crossed my mind to blog about....but without a computer at my fingertips all the time, I get distracted and my passion fizzles. I had a good one on singleness and virginity, a quippy one about the Old Testament plagues and my apartment, and plenty of opinions about everything...but alas. Instead you simply get what's currently on my mind.

Earlier this week, I was up on the 95th floor of the Hancock building and my friend commented about how weird it is that I live in Chicago--I'm one of the people bustling about the city. When I think about how high up we were and how little the people looked, it is weird to think about. But when I'm down on the streets, either walking or driving, Chicago doesn't feel big. I'm glad about that--I don't like feeling intimidated or frightened. If I get turned around, I can figure out where I am and where I need to be.

And on a side-note, walking on the sidewalk isn't hazardous to your health like it is in China. Here, they don't pave the walkway with slick marble tiles. There aren't exploding tiles after it rains. There aren't unmarked holes into which you can fall up to your thigh. Things are relatively flat, level, and the people all walk at relatively the same brisk speed (no getting stuck behind slow-pokes!).

There are still days when I miss China. But mostly I'm still getting adjusted to life in this city. I'm thoroughly enjoying my long vacation, but looking forward to not only starting my new job but also getting a paycheck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment