Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

China Moment

Had a fun China moment today. Last week, when driving over a bump in the road, my scooter died. Not the kind of death like, "oh man, my battery's running low". More like, "what the heck, where'd all my power go?!" So I walked it down to the charging area and said I'd come back the next day...

*one week later.*

I finally got around to going to our scooter repairman. Bethany dropped me off at his shop, and because my scooter was dead, I got to ride on the back of HIS scooter. All the way home. That was hilarious to me, but of course I couldn't start giggle, because then I'd knock the poor man's bike over, with both of us on it.

Thankfully, he's a magician and fixed my bike. Some little part with a few little wires was broken, and he replaced it for 4rmb. That's $.59. And because I didn't have small change, and neither did he, basically he told me, "pay me next time." I love it! He's so helpful, and so kind. And even when he was lecturing me about not plugging my scooter in for so long (at least, I think that's what he was saying), he was nice about it. Unlike the scooter parking garage attendant. He was mad at me for saying I'd come back the next day, and instead came back the next WEEK. He actually took my charger off my scooter and kept it. I had to pay him 10 rmb to get it back. I was worried at first, thinking someone stole it, so I asked him, "Where is it?" His response was, "I took it!" Okay...thank you? But his dog, PanPan is sweet, so that made the whole thing better.

And I digress.

It's my bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment